Conditions of Hire:
- Hire charges are calculated on the understanding that the site intended to be used is level, and provides reasonable and unimpeded access for commercial vehicles,is not subject to known landslip or flooding and further on the understanding that there are no drains, pipes, cables, gas mains or other services or apparatus of a similar nature beneath the surface of the site or otherwise concealed from view. In the event of damage being caused to a surface or apparatus as aforementioned, the hirer shall indemnify the company in respect of any loss occasioned thereby.
- The hire charges do not include the making good or repair of damage to the site, the access thereto, or damage to the fixtures or installations situate thereon, and the hirer shall indemnify the company against all claims in respect thereof.
- For the purposes of this agreement, if equipment is hired by or on behalf of a club, society or unincorporated association, the hirer shall be deemed the person or persons making the agreement with the company.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the hire of equipment is for one event only. Any extra event hires will be subject to additional charges.
- The hirer shall confirm their order, at which time a 20% non-refundable deposit is required. Bookings canceled up to 8 weeks before the event date will be charged at 50%, bookings canceled up to 4 weeks before the event date will be charged in full. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, all hire charges are net and the balance is payable 2 weeks prior to the date of the event.
- The company accepts no responsibility for any damage however caused as a result of the hirer or any other person moving the marquees or any other part of the equipment, and the hirer shall indemnify the company in respect of any damage or loss occasioned thereby. The hirer further undertakes not to remove any part or parts of the marquee and its holdings (walls, pegs or ropes etc.) and indemnify the company in respect of any damage or loss occasioned thereby.
Care of the equipment
The hirer shall be responsible for the safety and security of the equipment from its arrival on site until its removal from site whether or not such period commences prior to, or is terminated after the period of hire. The hirer shall make good to the company all loss and damage to the equipment caused as the result of any action or omission on the part of the hirer or any failure on the part of the hirer to fulfill the contract. The hirer is also responsible for any damage caused by other companies (caterers, florists, bands etc.). The hirer shall be required to leave the marquee in a clean and reasonable condition ready for its removal from site, or a cleaning charge may be incurred.
The company shall insure the marquee and equipment against fire and all the normal insurance perils, but the hirer shall be responsible for the first £500 of any loss or damage. In addition the hirer shall be responsible for the payment of a premium calculated at a rate of up to 5% of the hire cost of the equipment (£10.00 minimum).
- By booking the hirer shall comply and rely on these terms as acceptance and confirmation that they have read and agree to the terms and conditions as stated on the price list from clauses 1-8. All contracts and agreements are contingent upon strikes, accidents, severe storms, floods or other causes beyond our control.